What can prevent my car from starting? It's a 1989 Chevy Celebrity. There is no power going to the fuel pump and it won't even turn over. A number of parts have been replaced and still nothing changes

Septra
0

Asked by Septra Apr 05, 2011 at 09:42 PM about the 1989 Chevrolet Celebrity

Could this be caused by the anti-theft device or perhaps a bad relay? Anything would be useful.

Mike Sota
45

this sounds like a problem from a circuit of two in your power distribution center, it may be your fuel pump relay, could be starter solenoid and or relay, maybe even a defective starter motor. also a bad chassis ground could be the case and maybe a bad ignition switch, and does your key have a chip in it?

papa

for the fp check ecm fuse,or the fp is bad,is it humming when you first turn on keyswitch,starter,check if the fusable link id blown,is down at starter is a round black plastic with a wire going in and one comeing out,pull on it (wire)see if it streaches,if it does is blown,can get replacement at any parts store.