indicator lights not activating when swhitched on, lrft and right

Mossie
0

Asked by Mossie Jan 21, 2013 at 06:17 AM about the 2006 Ford Bantam

Indicator lights unit faulty at steering column does not switch on correctly. will come on occasionally and just goes off while in operation. Does not switch off once corner has been turned, also when switched on does not activate.

DavidH25

I got lost there....what indicator lights on steering column? Do you mean the control switch on the column, or do you mean dash lights? the bright/dim adjuster? And when you mention turning, that makes me think of wiring in steering column. What exactly, more specifically, does not light up? Or are we talking turn signals when you say indicator? Let's go with that for now, since you say 'does not switch off when corner is turned.' There are little devices in there, that when you finish your turn, and straighten out the steering wheel, are plastic and can break. I don't know if the OBD codes would even show a fault in that, but there is no harm in having them read. And do the brake lights work OK?

Jacques Conradie
80

I know exactly what you are talking about, had the same problem for weeks. Wife took the bakkie for a service and complained about it, and all they did was replace the flicker unit. The problem lies with the indicator switch. I removed it myself but the whole thing is a sealed unit and Ford quoted R2 648 for a new one. I got it online from www.sparxx.co.za for R538,65 delivery included. Tip: The unit is held in place by a single screw on the top but you need a stubby Phillips to get in there.

Best Answer
Mossie
0

Thanks for the info great help