My bantam looses speed Why?

Bantamboi
0

Asked by Bantamboi Mar 19, 2013 at 06:34 AM about the 2005 Ford Bantam

its a 1.6i rocam engine with powerflow that splits into two pipe the powerflow its equipped with one
box at the back and a cone filter with 17inch rims everything else is standard. One day i decided to drag
with a 1.4i citi golf sport and i lost which i dont understand. the golf also just has a powerflow and a
cone filter with 17inch rims. How is this possible? Is there something wrong with my plugs or what can it
be?

DavidH25

Your Ford Bantam 1.6L puts out a mind boggling 89 hp. The VW Golf 1.4L puts out 110hp, both stock numbers. The size of the rims is going to give you a higher gear ratio, OK for high speed (by high speed I mean 70 mph) but a lower gear ratio not good for a short drag race. Two pipe powerflow sounds cool but adds virtually no hp. There is nothing wrong with your plugs. It;s simply not a drag racer dude

Best Answer
DavidH25

And if you value your car and want to keep it tip~top, stop drag racing..not to mention if you want to live to see 18. I say this because I actually care about people I don't even know Would you want to be in this car when it was racing?

DavidH25

60 mph head~on

DavidH25

It's a very very nice car. This is the version sold in South Africa

DavidH25

I meant "higher" for a drag race, not 'lower" in my first post.

Bantamboi
0

Its not like i drag everyday i just tried it once. ok so the golf has more Hp then mine but my exhaust(powerflow) not to mention dual pipes are supposed to improve my Hp and also my racing air filter(cone filter) I also thought of putting Branches on but what type im not sure. and there's another bantam also 1.6i that wins me in a drag so obviously something must be wrong with my bantam??

DavidH25

Find a safe place, deserted, and get a passenger to time you from 0 to 60. Do NOT attempt to do it alone. Your cell phone probably has a stopwatch. You should get it in about 14.5. If you do, nothing is wrong. Top speed is listed at 106 but don't see if it will. Look at those pictures again. The 0~60 is relatively safe to try, if you can find a right place.