1989 Cutlass Ciera 2.5L not starting

fkbuben
0

Asked by fkbuben Mar 14, 2014 at 09:46 PM about the 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

I have 1989 Olds Cutlass Ciera with 2.5 l automatic transmission.  Just over 100k miles on it.  For awhile when it was raining or had rained the car would bog down when the accelerator was pushed.   After it ran for a while it would not bog down any longer.  Tested the wires and did not appear to be any arching issues.  About a month ago, started the car, started and had to goose the accelerator. If I stopped goosing the accelerator the car would stall. The car would spit and sputter and backfire but keep running.  When I dropped the car into gear, the car stalled.  I have had a leaky water pump for some time and the level was low in the radiator, but I filled it up and the problem was the same,  Assuming it was a coolant temp sensor. But now it won't start at all, it will turn over, but not start.   Any ideas on what it could be?

No answers yet