1992 Dakota ignition system wiring.

markotron
0

Asked by markotron Jul 29, 2007 at 10:18 PM about the 1992 Dodge Dakota

I recently replaced a transmission in a Dakota with a remanufactured transmission. I discoved a wire dangling behind the engine when I was installing the new tranny. This wire looked exactly like the wire that comes out of the pick up coil. (Three flat wires in insulation, middle wire with white strip) I followed this broken wire back to a connector that is on the top-back of the engine block. I searched for where this wire broke from for hours with no luck. Truck will not start because of no spark.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

24,995

I hate to say it, but you'd be best getting this to a dealer. They will have detailed wiring diagrams and most will have techs who have worked on this vehicle before, and will probably know right away what to connect to fix your problem without a lot of wasted time and guesswork.

markotron
0

Thanks for your response. The next day I was able to get wiring schematics for the ingnition system. What happened was the wires tore out of the crankshaft position sensor. Replaced the sensor for $41.00.