is it really one of 66 made

SP454
0

Asked by SP454 Feb 03, 2011 at 08:59 PM about the 1974 GMC Sprint

Hello, i have a 74 gmc sprint S P 454 , green with white stripe says sp, svivel buckets, automatic, all factory, 7 outa 10 condition, never been restored, Vin, 5d80y4b500948, what kinda money are these cars bringin?

74GMC454
0

Hi I have same vehicle, SP with confirmation from GM Canada, confirming original equipment, including 454 engine, swivel buckets and other equipment. My 454 upgraded to a built LS6 454 and I totally restored to original like new condition, at considerable cost. Was a rust free from western Canada when I purchased and showed just over 50,000 miles which I believe was correct considering the almost new looking dash, door panels and seats and no rust. The local Chev/GMC dealer suggested I should get $35000. for mine, and I may find out in the spring at a Classic car auction. I am fortunate as mine was sold new in Canada , and that is why I could obtain GM confirmation, which apparently is not avaiable in the US. Yours is the first similar I have heard of and the GMC Guru thought about 20% of the 454s built in 74 would have the swivel buckets, and if this is correct, then only about 13 were made with this combination of equipment. They should be rare as how many could be left. Bruce

SP454
0

Thanx Bruce , please lemme know how ya make out in the spring, best of luck, i hope you get your price, Jeff

SP454
0

Hello, bruce , hows that sprint doin, i have had some folks lookin at mine but the money just aint right , what color is yours, mine is green with a white stripe and whit buckets, Thanx Jeff

Greg Aspeck
85

hi Bruce lets see the pictures of your car good luck on that money I hope someone is willing to pay you that ,I own a 1976 Sprint classsic that I just restored

74GMC454
0

Hi Greg. Attached pics of mine. At least I hope you can open. Let me know and I will send another. Bruce

74GMC454
0

Heres another. Bruce

74GMC454
0

Hi Jeff. I haven't been online in awhile. Just posted a couple of pics. Am checking to find out when the auction is . Hope I didnt miss it. Mine will be out to drive in a few days now, been stored all winter. Bruce

Greg Aspeck
85

Hi Bruce thanks for the pic's of your car its in beautiful shape ,I will up load mine of the painted car when I pick it up in may has been a long haul for me ,just the interior next year ,seats and head liner I have neen looking here for a dash that hasn't been cut by the radio so they could put cd player in

74GMC454
0

Hi Greg Mine still had the original unworking radio and I just received a replacement from California that bolts into the original hole as I didnt want to cut my perfect dash. It goes in shortly. Where are you located? Bruce

Greg Aspeck
85

I am in Ottawa my car came from Calgary bought it there 6 years ago when I lived there was originally sold in a small town called Vulcan Alberta lol I just put on new old stock wheel opening moldings , having the rocker stain less polished but I have one new old stock for right fender and for both doors but stuff is getting to hard to find for the 73 to 77 they are called the for gotten years

Greg Aspeck
85

I forgot mine came with a double hump cross member for dual exhaust I am writing GM Canada for all the info on the car which I hope I can still get after the restructuring we will see cost 65 buck s

wondernine
20

hi, i also have a 1974 gmc sprint with a 454 swivel buckets a/c power windows tilt steering cruise and round gauges. the way i understand it only sp models had a 454 facotry in them. is this correct? nay other info you could tell me about these sprints would be helpful. thanks steve

Greg Aspeck
85

Hi Bruce here is a pick of my restored 1976 Sprint still need to do a few things but the wheel opening molding's are NOS as well as all the rocker molding's ,and the grille surround ,they were all in there GM wrapper's that I bought off a friend that had restored 2 ElCamino's and had these sitting in his shop.

Greg Aspeck
85

here is another

Greg Aspeck
85

The Grille

74GMC454
0

Hi Steve I have an original sales brochure for the 74 Sprint and I am posting the last page . It seems to indicate the 454 could be bought in any model of the Sprint. Check Dan Carr's Sprint website in the US. According to Dan, !974 Sprint total production was 4873 with563 SP models and only 66 with the 454 engine. He was the one who indicated about 20% of production nomally included swivel buckets, and he did say it might be higher in the SP model. If it was originally sold in Canada, you can order a copy of the info covering all installed options from GM Canada. Let me know if the pic. arrives.I just tried and it wont send because its not a picture says invalid file type.If you want to provide your email address, I know I can copy and send the 4 pages Bruce

74GMC454
0

Hi Greg Youre looks beautiful. Must have been a costly paint job. I know mine was. I didn't try to sell mine. Had a bad year. Havent done much. Only went to 2 car shows all year. Had the Sprint out 5 times all summer. Winter storage in about 2 weeks. Next year should be better. Bruce

Greg Aspeck
85

Hi Bruce yes my paint and very little body work cost me 145 dollars shy of 10 grand and its the original GMC Mahogany color for my car as from the trim tag base clear ,but needs to go back in the spring to be fixed all the feather edging is showing and you can see where they put the new quarters on the car .

wondernine
20

hi Bruce, heres my email address wondernine@hotmail.com. im not sure what i got but from what i have read it just might be a sp model.thanks for the help. i will let you know anymore i can find out. thanks again steve