Need hood for 78-83 fairmont

Valrick1980
0

Asked by Valrick1980 Jul 20, 2013 at 08:33 PM about the 1979 Ford Fairmont

90,845

That's something you would need to source local, the shipping would be high. Did you try the local salvage yards? I think your going to be patient to wait until one pops up, if at all. Keep looking.

nosmo
1,575

look at some magazines that sell you classic car parts like classic industries or oem or any other magazine that sells you hoods for you car. maybe ebay.

tommcmanis
3,665

Ebay

tommcmanis
3,665

Rare and hard to find as most got junked straight away

Michael Tutty
4,505

If memory serves, you can also use the hood from a Mercury Zephyr, the twin to the Fairmont. I believe both models used the same hood. These cars are out there, but are not common. Too many were scrapped and crushed at the first sign of mechanical problems, most of which are very easy to fix given the mechanical relationship to the Mustang. If distance is not too much of a factor, I would start the hunt in inland Texas, around Dallas/Ft. Worth. There are pick-a-part yards there that have all sorts of cars from the 70s, and the bodies don't seem to rust. Good luck with the hunt.

Best Answer
tommcmanis
3,665

Fairmount was ford, and zeph was merc trim is what the difference is same stamp. I had one of the fairmounts....... shit twenty years ago 300 straight 6 auto. Got down the ramp. Hope you find your babys parts.

tommcmanis
3,665

@micheal right on sir nice to see an intelligent knowlageable ford man on here

tommcmanis
3,665

In tx? Sa area pick n pull has a locator service any LKQ. Or u pullit are nation wide place order they call you drop by approve part pay the money you happy baby fixed less paint

Valrick1980
0

I will try that start looking Monday