We replaced the carburetor and in warmer weather, the engine starts to chug and acts as though it's runnning out of gas. Help?

krileyperry
0

Asked by krileyperry Dec 04, 2012 at 10:03 PM about the 1986 Subaru BRAT

My husband's the mechanic, I just own the car, but the carburetor is driving him nuts.  Someone mentioned checking the heat sink?

nascar24
185

was it new or used carb if used sounds like could be dirt in fuel jets and car is running lean easy test is to cover carb and partially choke engine if it runs better then thats the problem get carb cleaner pull top of carb and clean bowl out this sure cure problem