1980 BRAT engine swap

ggiaggia
20

Asked by Feb 24, 2012 at 10:16 AM about the 1980 Subaru BRAT

What later model Subaru engines would be relatively easier swaps? The engine I have runs okay, but it has a non-standard intake manifold and is missing SMOG components.

ggiaggia
20

In trying to answer to my own question, I read that OHV 1.4L 4cyl Subaru EA-63 engines were used in 1978-1980 Brats and 1977-1989 Subaru sedans (aka L-Series, Leone) in trim levels DL, GL, GLF, GLF5, GL-10, and RX. Does anyone know what the attached image of the current engine code means?There are two sets of numbers.