Engine stop running and it would not start running again

Theman1
50

Asked by Theman1 Oct 02, 2009 at 12:53 PM about the 1998 Dodge Ram Van

I was driving it when the engine stop working suddenly before I got to a red traffic light; I did try and test a few things, battery had plenty power, I had over half a tank of fuel the starter is doing the work since it craks strongly the engine but engine wont start running no matter how many times I try, when I put the ignition on I can hear the fuel pump doing the little noise like running in the back by the fuel tank, so I had to tow it home, any ideas and how to do it or test it, any ideas welcome I need to fix it my other car its crashed and I need a transportation, its automatic 5.2 litter I believe. thank you guys and God bless you all.

Theman1
50

correction I mean the starter does the cranking it just that the engine does not start, but the starter has a lot of cranking power. Thanks again JC from Miami Florida

jeffh
50

I have the 3.9. When I had starting problems turned out my Throttle Position Sensor was bad and it's the kind of thing you can change yourself.

You think this is helpful.
thecoamokid
110

I have a 1996 Dodge Van V8, 5.9L that starts and stops after a period of time. The crank sensor was replaced about 3 days ago. Now its doing the same thing. Also no indications on the dashboard like check engine light, seat belt sign, etc. What is the proper size and type of battery for this vehicle? What can be wrong? Is it the computer or Fuel pump? Thank you for your assistance concerning this matter.