why do all dash lights come on at once

intrepid2000
5

Asked by intrepid2000 Dec 23, 2007 at 04:44 PM about the 2000 Dodge Intrepid

When the car is started and sometimes while driving, all the dash board lights turn on (check engine, air bag, abs, brake, gas light). At the same time, all the gauges drop to zero, its as if the car were to be completely off even though its running. Also what does "no bu5" mean? This appears under the speedometer.

papa

this is one yoy want to take to dealer and have a full scan done,something is wrong

25,045

We had some problems like this at the Dodge Dealer. The "No Bus" indicated that either the PCM or the instrument cluster itself had failed. It will take diagnosis by the dealer to determine which. In the case of an '01 Dakota, the No Bus indicator led us to initially replace the PCM, which was still under the extended Federal Emissions Warranty. We then found out that the cluster was defective as well, which was out of warranty. Bottom line, you have a cluster/PCM problem here. Cluster is losing input from PCM or losing power causing it to fail to interface with PCM.

tryin2help
40

I hope this helps you. From the many post I've read mine was very simple. Let me 1st tell u some of the things I've read that might help you. On the middle console left side bottom side right of the gas pedal if you pull the carpet back you'll see a punch of ground wires.. check and make sure none of them are broke. The fuses # 7,10,17 (i have a Concorde). The ignition switch. Take off the plastic behind the stering wheel. You have to move the Hazard switch under that on the side rather, is the ignition box you may have to change that. In my case when i started may car all lights will come on in the dash, all gauges dropped and "NO BUS" came in the odometer. I checked all gounds around the battery which was all fine. To my surprize I noticed the battery was a little bigger then the plate it sat on. It was plugged up pos with pos and neg wit neg. I changed the battery and all lights when out, the gauges work perfectly and the "NO BUS" never came back on. I must say this also, I took the car to a electric shop and they said it was the "PCM". Like I said I had the wrong battery in the car. (I just brought the car used)