Im selling my Grandparents 1974 Chevy Vega. How do i get the value of it.

April Washington
0

Asked by April Oct 09, 2011 at 08:36 PM about the 1974 Chevrolet Vega

Ive looked on NADA and im not sure what catergory to put it under. Someone who wants to buy it says that he feels it should be in the "low retail value". and that he would only offer 900.00. Everything on this car is original,paint,interior,..EVERYTHING. there's no rips inside..The paint on it is still pretty and shiny all over. it runs great..i used it to take my kids to school and never had a problem,

Jesse Brouse
765

Good thing you didn't sell it for $900, he was trying to lowball you. Vegas are rare to come by to my understanding and finding one thats fully functional is a plus.A fully restored Vega can catch 20 to 35 grand, assuming there's no rust... I wouldnt go less than $15,000.

unclbro
105

The car should be worth between 2 & 2500.

Cierra Duncan
0

Dang...two different responses....and not by just a few hundred dollars. Does the market for the Vega very that much? I just want to be fair for the buyer and myself.

upjethro
10

I am the previous owner of three vegas and have been searching for the fourth for over two years your car is not worth 25 to 30 grand I have only seen one in three years that has gone for that much. The plus is that you have one to begin with I think the person responding second is close at 2,000 to 2,500 the Vegas people want are the 71 72 73 GT models one of those in the condition of yours would fetch 3 to 5 thousand easy

papa

$900.00 is a decent price,it is worth what a buyer is willing to pay.BTW their is no NADA value on this car or any that old.

April Washington
0

DANG!,,,,missed it by a year!..lol. Okay thank you everyone for being helpful..i appreciate it very much! =0)

April Washington
0

Cierra is my daughter...i was signed in under her name when i responded..if there was any confusion sorry..=0)

Jesse Brouse
765

I personally think $900 is just too low for a Vega.. I mean fully restored they can fetch 12 - 20 grand easy so.. ya know?

papa

DUDE,where do you get your info from,the vega was as piss poor as the pinto was.the onley vega that was anything was the cosworth vega,& they wont that good of a car.so..ya know,$900.00 is tops if that much.stop makeing this person feel bad.

Jesse Brouse
765

dude, read my last post.. I said "I think". Secondly, if you do your homework alot of Vega's are transformed into Drag racers.. some of which run over 35 grand... I saw a few for sale online. 1974 Chevy Vega dragster.. $34,999. Saw a few more in the $45,000 range.. so.. again, it depends on what the person that is buying it is going to do with it. I'd still ask 1,200 for it regardless.

Cierra Duncan
0

Jesse...u don't have to restore this one...everything is good except for a ding in the bumper and maybethe top needs to be redone...other than that its perfect!....welll except the am only radio!....lol

Cierra Duncan
0

Sorry....its April...damn kids not logging off..lol

papa

DUDE,you talking about something that is complety useless on the highway,she is not selling a dragster,is a DD.no use in wasting my time with you.

Jesse Brouse
765

... DUDE.... if you would read... I said "most of them are transformed into a dragster". Had nothing to do with her selling it as a dragster you moron... and April: It was a good sell... I was only pointing out that most people usually buy them for parts or create a dragster out of them, was only expressing the fact that sometimes getting more for something useless isn't always a bad thing. But overall, great deal... no complains so.

Cierra Duncan
0

Oh I havnt sold her yet...=o(. But at least now I have an idea of what to ask for. Thanks for all the help.

papa

well if you listen to this jerk,you will never sell it.

papa

moron,now that is not nice,yes most were made into dragesters,the rest were crushed.she has a nice looking car.now dont get into a pissing contest with me,got it.

Jacob Fraser
805

that $45,000 dollar vega dragster probally had about $100,000 worth of work done to it to make it a dragster....

upjethro
10

April, I dont know if you have sold your car yet or not but reading the remarks left by papa and jesse im sure your confused dont listen to papa and even though Jesse has the car over valued at least he can see the value do not compare the Chevy Vega with the pinto or Gremlin it is in a different class. You have a Vega with a solid value between 2000.00 and 3000.00 depending on rust. Chevy made two major mistakes with the 71 72 73 vegas 1) poor rust inhibitors and 2) poor coooling for their new alum. block motor by 1974 these problems were mostly ratified dont sell that car for less than 1750.00 the buyer would be getting a great deal for that price. if I didnt live so far away i would buy it in a minute

74VEGAWAGON
25

i have a 1974 Vega Wagon.... V8.. runs great.. roll cage... mallory ignition setup.... 14" crager chrome rims... little rust... father left me the car in 04... ran into some money problems and gonna have to sell..... what is it worth? what should i ask for it? anybody interested? 901-406-5088......

David Mizell
0

Hope you did not listen to that old fart. He was a first class puss! Looking at his picture you know he was suffering a from a case of keyboard courage! Illiterate too. LOL!

Ctcougar
0

I know this is probably long gone...but this is identical to what I had as my first car...I loved that little car..I know she couldn't get out of her own way but....I loved her...mine was a 1974!!!!