2001 ford taurus dash gauge lights

ford
0

Asked by ford Sep 27, 2007 at 03:37 PM about the 2001 Ford Taurus

dash gauge lights for the fuel indicators and partially for the speedometer do not light up. Is this a fuse or bulb replacement issue? and how or where do I check?

18TandSVT
3,515

Most likely it just needs a new bulb or an adjustment. My dash lights in my 2000 Contour SVT are less than adequate around dusk. I couldn't find a step by step install guide for you like the one for my car- http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1b/d0/a3/0900823d801bd0a3/repairInfoPages.htm. Look around you might get lucky. If you go to Walmart, there is a little computer that will tell you what bulbs you need if you go that route. I think mine were a c5w or something.

23,585

This is a bulb replacement issue. You will need to remove the dash cluster to get it out to replace the bulbs. A Haynes manual will tell you how to do this. I have a copy of the Taurus Haynes manual if you wish to email me here.

alexcollinz
35

I have the same exact problem with my 2001 Ford Taurus SES, I have tried to replace the fuse, but it burns out everytime. will you please email me the manual on how to replace the bulb,

bvbrunton
5

I too have the same problem. I know you posted this over 3 years ago, but do you still have the Taurus Haynes manual to replace the bulb by removing the dash cluster? Thanks,

user2001
0

I also have that problem with my 2001 Ford Taurus. Would it be possible to email that to me also? Thanks.

Str8racing
10

Please help me too.

papa

bulbe is out,you will have to take the cluster out to fix it.

flodukie
0

Could tou e=mail me the instructions to replace dash bulbs on 2001` taurus SE . my e-mail is flodukie@aol.com

usct
35

I have the same problem, may I please have the manual as well? hipow@hotmail.com...thanks!!!!

Hans Dietrich
365

Bulbs. Believe me, I have been there and done that. It is NOT hard, just time consuming. Google "Taurus Dash Removal". There are even videos of how to tear it apart. Replace ALL the bulbs while you're in there. They are CHEAP and you do not want to do this twice.

Laura Mott
10

I need to know where to find the bulbs at, mine are also out. I already know how to remove cluster pannel, just can't find the bulbs. Mine is also 2001 Taurus SES.

6,435

Remove the lower dash panel. Drop the steering wheel. Remove the instrument panel bezel. remove the Instrument panel. flip it over and replace the light bulbs. Not exactly a walk in the park but I think he average person can do it in a couple of hours. Not too bad - just remember that you're dealing with plastic and older plastic at that. It gets brittle.