2003 Dodge Neon won't shift out of park

tim_o_il
10

Asked by tim_o_il Feb 25, 2012 at 02:56 PM about the 2003 Dodge Neon

. My daughter has an '03 Dodge Neon that she cannot get it to shift out of park. .She said it was fine on the highway.. got to a stop light and it jerked when i took off... and it jerked all the way to the parking spot. Got any ideas or suggestions?  Thank you

Justin Gilmore
925

the shifter wont move out of park, or the trans wont shift out of park? if its the trans i'd say the trans solenoid pack is toast. i take it you already checked the fluid?

tim_o_il
10

I have since been told that it will move out of park, but it will not go into reverse or drive.

tim_o_il
10

I have been told by a couple others that it might be the shifter linkage

Mac Baird
35

I agree my camaro had the same problem i would try adjusting the linkage first

tommcmanis
4,745

Forward planetary,clutch pack is destroyed, new trans is needed