my truck doesn't start after it rains, what should i do?

samuelwednesday
20

Asked by samuelwednesday Mar 28, 2012 at 10:10 AM about the 1996 GMC Sierra C/K 1500

My Truck was running rough, so i put new spark plugs in it (cheap ones).
It ran more smoothly, but now it won't start after it rains. If i put better plugs in would that fix things? I don't know what else to do.
                                          suggestions?

aztec626bf
7,145

Sounds like wires or more likely distributor cap. I would get new cap and rotor. Try that first. Be careful when replacing cap to get wire correctly positiined, do one at a time.

Chris McGee
3,185

Use AC Delco plugs, factory supplied and recommended,and check the seal between the hood and wiper cowl, water may be entering there, or just corroded cap terminals, recommend to get brass terminal version and new rotor and even wires.

chevyboiforlife
0

also check your coil if u have a bad coil and it senses dampness it will run very rough and if it detects to much damnness it wont run at all until it drys off