1995 GMC SIERRA ANTI-LOCK BRAKE LIGHT STAYS ON ,OWNER SAYS ITS BEEN THIS WAY FOR A LONG TIME

jptiii
5

Asked by jptiii Mar 31, 2012 at 09:13 AM about the 1995 GMC Sierra C/K 1500

I WANT TO BUY THIS TRUCK BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BRAKES ,HE HAD THE FRONTS DONE OR THE PADS
CHANGED BUT NOW THE PEDAL IS SPONGY AND ALSO BRAKE LIGHT PLUS ANTI-LOCK BRAKES LITES ARE BOTH ON NOW,PLEASE HELP. I NEED TO DECIDE TODAY,IF I'M GING TO PURCHASE VEHICLE

Jonathan Cardwell
625

My 95 Sierra has had the anti-lock brake light on for years and never had any issue.. it may just be a glitch on this model year

Jonathan Cardwell
625

but if the pedal is spongy there may be air in the system... ask the owner is he properly bled them when he changed them last

Eugene Steyn
45

Bleed the system through, there is probably an air lock. also adjust your handbrake, could also cause the light to burn. The abs light might also stay on if one of the sensor wires going to your wheels have been damaged or is not plugged in correctly.