i have a 94 k1500 sierra, the brake light is on and my front brakes are locking up. i have a new master new calipers and new pads. the only things that are left are the abs controller the compter and the other little block next to that. got any suggestions?

fishinggokart
5

Asked by fishinggokart Aug 01, 2012 at 07:36 AM about the 1994 GMC Sierra C/K 1500

94,995

Is your ABS light on? If not, then I'd say to inspect/check and or replace your brake hoses, they might be collapsing causing your issue. How is the brake fluid level?

6,165

The metering valve is the block the line go to i think your refering to. That slows pressure to the front brakes so the drums in the back can engage. Disc works faster than drum. If this is bad it may cause these symptoms. Also check your rear brakes make sure they are in working order. My dad had this issue on his 94 3500 dually. Shop charged him way too much money to replace everything in the front. Hydraulic Brakes dont tend to work to hard, they stop working.

DomShow1996
10

my truck locked up and my brake, steering wheel and throttle locked up on my 94 reg cab and now it wont start. any ideas?