I have a 86 Chevy truck with a 305. I will soon need to do some engine work. I have an older 454 and was wondering what it would involve to make this swap and is it worth the trouble?

bds27053
0

Asked by bds27053 Feb 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM about the 1986 Chevrolet C/K 10

7jimmy7
10,625

easy swap with bigger rad. ,worth the trouble? might lose 1 or 2 mpg. if you like a big block launch with a few g,s make the swap,much less costly than building the 305 to the max

Best Answer
califcarson
2,985

Go for it. Make sure everything all the way to the tires is upgraded also or you will need a good tow company. Depending on your wallet and the condition of the 454, remember a cam is not expensive, but to get the best power is the motor's ability to breathe. Good intake, carb, heads that work with the cam, and exhaust will give you more than enough power. Make sure the valves clear the pistons if you go to a strong cam. .