Cant Turn Key Past "ON" Position To "START"

Quinton Morse
35

Asked by Quinton Jan 05, 2012 at 06:06 PM about the 1985 Chevrolet C/K 10

I tried starting my truck and the ignition locked up and wouldnt let me start the truck. I can put the key in the ignition and turn it to
the "ON" position but I physically can't turn the key past that to the "START" position. The truck has never done this before and
when I last drove it (the night before the problem) it showed no signs of a problem. Any sugestions?

Shane Langjahr
25

well if i remember i had a problem like this in a 93 truck i used to have the little pin in side broke all i had to do was replace the part it wasnt much i was kinda easy to fix but thats all i had to do and it work just fine after that