How much does it cost to fix a PO122 error on 2001 Ford Focus? (throttle position sensor)

jannelee
0

Asked by jannelee Aug 23, 2013 at 07:28 PM about the 2001 Ford Focus

replaced sohc engine with dohc a month ago. Yesterday emission light came on and stayed on. Checked - code PO122 which seems to be throttle position sensor. Had the light reset but would like to replace sensor. Need an approximate price (I'm no mechanic). thnx, JL

30,335

Sensor for your car will cost anywhere from $19-$60. Depending on where you buy it. Take the two screws out and unplug the wire harness. Install new one and plug in harness. Fairly simple job. You should be able to handle it without having to pay a shop to replace it.

You think this is helpful.