location of switch for drivers electric seat

jatk
0

Asked by jatk Nov 19, 2012 at 03:36 PM about the 1989 Lincoln Mark VII

drivers seat does not go forward but will go back and up and down

magnumforc
355

Possibility there is something stuck on the tracks or something jamming the motor. Try and clean the area very thoroughly and see if the seat will then move. Also, it could be a loose gear or a failed gear that drives the seat fore and aft. In that case, the motor would run but the seat would not move. I would probably remove the seat from the car and look closely at the hardware to be sure nothing is damaged and then re-apply power to the seat with no load on it to see if it moves at all.