Fuel Tank

gimpie
0

Asked by gimpie Jul 15, 2012 at 07:08 PM about the 1972 Chevrolet C10

I have 1972 c10 with 1989 stepside bed installed. I'm a 350/350,650 Holley,12 bolt rearend 373 gears. I want to use the existing fuel door on the stepside, whta fuel tank should I use with the mechanical fuel pump?

jamessmith1382
0

I think you need a professional help consult a experienced mechanic who had done this type of task before http://www.greatbasinindustrial.com

Rucko
2,415

why not use the stock tank? it doesn't matter what fuel pump you use, a gas tank is a tank whether you're using an electric pump or mechanical.

Patrick Whitton
125

Use can still buy the stock fuel tank for the stepside application. I would get the straps along with it was it will most likely differ from your factory style side box.

racingroger69
0

wow these guys have no idea what there talking about....James I have the same thing going on with my project and am in search of someone that KNOWS what there talking about...mine is a 71 w a 95 stepside...Let me know what you have come up with...I'm leaning toward the early s10 tanks 82-85

Rucko
2,415

what are you talkin about ? why use a different tank if you can use the original ? does the bed get in the way ? isnt the tank in the cab ?

5,675

What you could do is use the factory 89 tank and pump (some creative wiring will need to be done but entirly possible) and use an external regulator. The factory 89 should be a TBI and normaly produces 12-17 psi somewhere around that ball park. Easily regulated down to what the carb needs. Or option 2 is to modify the tank to accept the older style sending unit an run the lines from the mechanical to it.