Proper order of horn button mount parts?

Asked by Desmond Oct 31, 2011 at 11:09 AM about the 1970 Chevrolet C10

My wife and I received her grandfather's 1970 C10 and are restoring the remaining pieces.  Steering wheel was replaced with new OEM model (2 Spoke).  The horn button mounting hardware has no instructions and I've tried every of the disc, plastic ring and cup but can't get anything reliable.  It either honks all the time or honks at the slightest bump. Any breakdown or restoration photos showing those parts in proper order? This is driving me crazy!

Peter Nichols

Today is thursday , I can have all the info you need by sat AM . I have the FACTORY service manuals for these trucks but I am not currently at home . I will be home late friday nite however . I can have info by sat AM .. OK ? PBN

Sounds great! I've tinkered with every method to get the parts in but it never 'feels' right. I'm wondering if there's a small gasket or spacer missing - I don't have good breakdowns, just general drawings. Whatever you can provide will be very greatly appreciated!

Answered my own question after viewing endless photos of restorations and testing every configuration. Spring plate first, dome side up, cup second and plastic retainer last, legs downward.

Peter Nichols

forgive me for not getting right back to you but my factory manuals were shanghied by my 26 year old son and only today did I get them back . but yes order is correct , It will only work one way ... PBN once again I appologise for the delay ..