truck not turning over

68flatbed
5

Asked by 68flatbed Jul 22, 2011 at 09:06 PM about the 1968 Chevrolet C10

I just bought a '68 c10 and it was running fine no problems, when I went to start it up the other day it had been left with the ignition left in on all the lights worked in the cab and exterior. i guess when they got out of the car they just pulled the key out and the truck went off so they didn't turn it to off. It's my first truck and I have no idea what I should check on, so I was looking for suggestions.
thank you

Andrew Strong
255

possible that the battery doesnt have enough juice to engage starter... jump start? bad relay to starter? try tapping on it? as far as what you have described there are quite a few possibilities... I'd start with the battery, check connections make sure you have enough voltage to turn the engine over...

68flatbed
5

thanks a lot! the battery didn't have enough juice to engage the starter. I charged it up and then it turned right over. thanks again