Hood gap and alignment procedure

whale
5

Asked by whale Jan 29, 2011 at 12:38 PM about the 1963 Volvo PV544

There is a considerable gap at the trailing edge and underside of my hood. What is the procedure to eliminate both gaps? The trailing edge is forward enough that the spring and webbing are visible. The underside sits about a inch above the fender base.

zoneman
545

There are two designs, one for the 58 to 61s and another for the 62 thru 65s. Either way the fore/aft and side to side adjustments are made where the hinge arms attach to the front of the hood. A little trial and error will give you the desired results. Good luck.