Hood gap and alignment procedure

whale
5

Asked by whale Jan 29, 2011 at 12:38 PM about the 1963 Volvo PV544

There is a considerable gap at the trailing edge and underside of my hood. What is the procedure to eliminate both gaps? The trailing edge is forward enough that the spring and webbing are visible. The underside sits about a inch above the fender base.

zoneman
595

There are two designs, one for the 58 to 61s and another for the 62 thru 65s. Either way the fore/aft and side to side adjustments are made where the hinge arms attach to the front of the hood. A little trial and error will give you the desired results. Good luck.

01bigjon
565

Sounds like something's bent has it been hit,check for imamge of bolts that have slide away from normal. Position. Maybe bent hinge tough without seeing

zoneman
595

01bigjon, the hood on any 544 is very easy to adjust for problems like Whale was having, but I'm sure it's been remedied by now as that question and the one about B16B points are both 3 years old. Have a great day !!