Fog lights stay on.

jerie47
25

Asked by jerie47 Jun 25, 2007 at 05:35 PM about the 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Fog lights stay on after lights are turned off. Fog lights will go off if turn indicator is placed in left turn position.  Why???

21,085

Sounds like you've got some loose or crossed wiring that is causing the lights to stay on even when you shut them off. You may want to remove the fuse for the lights so that your battery doesn't get drained....at least until you figure out the issue.

goldenturtle
70

A weak area in the Cruiser is the multifuntion switch, Headlamp,turn signal switch is all in one. If you are still under warranty, good, If not, they are not that hard to install.

28,305

Yes, the multifunction switch is a frequent replacement item. There's a lot going on there, so to speak, and they tend to wear out.

Jerry Rourke
10

i got the same problem, fog lights still on then off when the left signal was on. now they stay on all the time, had to disconnect the battery and they stayed on!! had to remove the fuse. problem is I have no headlights until i put the fuze back in.

da3grunt
460

your problem is the multifunction switch, replace it