Has anyone had a problem with sudden acceleration in a Kia Sportage?

cearley
0

Asked by cearley Mar 02, 2012 at 02:39 PM about the 2008 Kia Sportage

Sudden, involuntary acceleration has happened twice in our 2008 Kia Sportage, both times while braking to slow down for a stop light or to pull into a parking spot. I was able to keep the vehicle from moving into the intersection the first time, but unable to control it the second time and crashed into a concrete wall. FORTUNATELY no one was injured in either incident, but we have damage from the most recent incident that happened on 2/29/2012

David Kim
40

Yes, the same accident happened in South Korea yesterday. A pregnant woman was driving, and suddenly involuntary accerleration has happened and the car crashed into a wall. You can take a look the clip recorded the accident .

Danny Soldano
10

It appears Kia is not addressing the problem. They have operators handling the call they speak very well and extremely well trained in shutting you up and getting you off the phone. Very sad. But I am afraid for my wife and kids. Perhaps a class action law suit would open some eyes.

fergie43762
305

There is a clip on the throttle linkage that has a tendency to bend which is what causes the sudden acceleration simply bend the clip until it fits snug and adjust accordingly