I have a 2002 ford taurus and my dome light will not turn off and i can not find the fuse box. How can i fix this?

shyannclish95
90

Asked by shyannclish95 Sep 08, 2013 at 04:04 PM about the 2002 Ford Taurus

8,995

You most likely have a Door Ajar switch that has stuck. The fuse box is under the hood

45,545

I agree about the door ajar switch. But might also want to check dimmer switch on dash if so equipped. Some models if switch is turned all the way to one side it will click and keep dome light on even with everything else off and doors closed.

shyannclish95
90

where would the door ajar switch be at? and isnt there a fuse box inside the car?

shyannclish95
90

the dome light will turn off and randomly turn on, on its own and kill my battery

45,545

It coming on randomly points straight to a bad door ajar switch.

shyannclish95
90

should i pull the dome fuse? where is the door ajar switch at?

45,545

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFS_SYGSbQc -- this may help you

45,545

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-maintenance-repair/118088-door- sensor-problem.html

45,545

I finding lots of info on theses switches going bad or needing to be greased or oiled. They are located on the door lock mech inside the door.

82,565

On my Taurus, I just spray some WD-40 inside the lock mechanism one door at a time till the dome light goes out. No need to remove the switch itself.

shyannclish95
90

thank you!

iceysc
0

wow wd40 worked great thanks

45,545

Good job Tom.