what tool do I use to press on the water pump pulley on a 2000 deville

Playa87
0

Asked by Playa87 Jan 12, 2012 at 07:25 PM about the 2000 Cadillac DeVille

What tool can I use to press on a water pump pulley.  Is there another way to PRESS on the pulley?

Bergy
170

Are you talking about the pulley that's on the end of the camshaft, that drives the water pump belt ? Above the water pump ? If so, I can tell you better over the phone. You can call me at work, Parham West Exxon, 501-224-2338. Neal.

papa

BERGY,Neal,stop spaming just answer the question. the water pump pully should have 3 or 4 bolts to remove pully,they dont press on or off,or new WP has the pully on it,it may be a complete assembly.

nickb
10

remove the cam shaft protector plastic plug (it has a star or hex style head but will usually be really loose) find the proper size bolt to thread in to the cam, it must be long enough to go through several washers the pully and a few threads, thread it all the way in making note of about how much bolt is sticking out when it bottoms out. remove the bolt and put the pully on the end off the shaft and now with the aid of some greased washers crank the bolt down while doing your best to keep it straight while getting it started. pay attention to make sure the bolt doent bottom out and absolutely do not DO NOT POUND THE PULLY ON! you will regret it.