is a 2005 OPTRA a car that needs a lot of repairs....in other words a $ guzzler

susanne
10

Asked by susanne Feb 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Optra

I just bought this 2005 car on Jan 28 from a mechanic friend, the 9th engine light on, 10th it wouldn't start(I go to work for 5 am) 11th the light back on and it has to be started in neutral. Today--14th it wouldn't let me unlock and open passenger side doors. I pulled up the latch ok pulled on handle and it locked again? I had a 2002 Mazda (standard)..this is an automatic. Car was not running at time...please answer Thanks

susanne
10

Turns out battery needed replacing and plugs. Lock problem supposedly fixed as well..it wouldn't start yesterday after work without a jump but hopefully today no probs. I still would like some comments on cost of upkeep...my tech friend who works on my cars says they really are terrible and costly, but the tech I bought it from is saying different? A wait and see thing I guess, but I wish I felt more confident about it....not a lot of $ to put into it. Wish me luck with it....driving an auto is remembering not to step on gas to start, when you drove standards most of 30 years lol Remember though...still would like to hear comments from other OPTRA owners.......thanks!!!