What lights should be on for daytime runners, headlights, and high beams?

STodd
0

Asked by STodd Dec 05, 2011 at 12:33 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Optra

Hi,

This is strange I know, but I was wondering if someone had a picture of what
lights in the front should be lit up when I have daytime runners? Regular lights?
High Beams? So, there are 3 "circles" in the front - and when I turn my lights on
only the left and right turn on - one machanic said this was correct one said it
wasn't - both Chevy machanics - and I cannot remember how it was supposed to
be. THANKS!

Rhaman
275

I believe the concept of Daylight Running Lights (DRL) systems is 80% of the high beam lights. As long as the car is running these lights are on. No on other lights burn (side,rear). If you are curious as to what is ON depending on the light control switch selection just start the motor and look into the lights, then turn the light switch ON to low beams and check those out. Repeat with high beams. Note: do not look directly into the lights but from the side. Another way is park near a reflective wall and do this check from inside the car.By the way, far too many people do not check their lights for proper operation. It is dangerous to drive with burnt headlights, tails lights, etc. I check mine on odd months of the year. Good question! Good luck.

STodd
0

Hey Rhaman - thanks for your response. I have tested the lights and I know what is coming on for the different light selections - I just don't know if what is coming on is correct. And the machanics are giving me conflicting answers. So, I know what turns on right now when I turn on all selections, my problem is that one machanic said all three "circles" should be on when I turn my lights fully on (not DRL). BUT only 2 of the circles are coming on. So I went to get it fixed today and someone else said that no, only 2 bulbs light up for this selection - so now I am unsure of what is correct. I will try and dig up my manual, I was just curious to see if someone could confirm which bulbs or circles are lighting up for the 3 light selections. I was hoping someone who owned the same car could do what you have mentioned above and confirm with me what bulbs light up for DRL, what bulbs light up for regular lights and what lights up for highbeams. Thanks for your response though. :)