I can't get my key out of the ignition. Normally I can sort of push it in and turn it to the ignition locked position and remove the key. First time this has happened.

BettyBrite
0

Asked by BettyBrite Dec 19, 2011 at 08:54 AM about the 2004 Chevrolet Optra

Matthijs ter Keurs
25

I don't have experience with American cars, but try turning the steeringwheel whilst "pushing and turning", as you say, sometimes the steeringwheel has to be positioned correctly, before you're able to remove the key. (this is a result of steeringwheel lock)