rattling noise when i accelerate

asitroutray
0

Asked by asitroutray Nov 24, 2011 at 02:36 AM about the 2004 Chevrolet Optra

i found this problem 3/4 months back. initially it was only on 1st gear. when i used to accelerate (even from rest) a  rattling/grinding noise as heard.more while going uphill. now the noise has increased. it happens even on 2nd & 3rd gears. but only while accelerating. never heard the noise in neutral.a strange vibration is also felt. strange thing is "when i drive the car after resting it for some time, the rattling/grinding noise & vibrations go off. the drive becomes super smooth & silent." please help me identifying the problem.

Mohamed Bayan
15

this is probably efficiency of your gearbox oil is not that good. chech it at mechanic and may be you havent changed it for a while. it should be changed at around 60,000km

asitroutray
0

thanks mohamed. but the gear changes are very smooth. i am confused. i took it to the workshop.they said its because of alternator bearing.its worn out.plus the stearing pump. together they will cost me a bomb. another workshop suggested about changing the tensioner belt,timer belt and engine pump and so on. .for this the engine needs to be opened up.about 1 year back i had them changed already.

opokuka1
0

I had the same rattling with my nissan 2004 maxima and when i took it to some koreans in Md. the guy fix the problem and told me it will not come again without charging me. it is something loose in the front engine which needs to be tighened. No cause for alarm though, but if the noise bothers you have some one tighten the problem. I don't know what he did, but is a minor problem which you shouldn't pay no more than $20. If someone is charging u more then you are being cheated.