HELP

Alyssa3756
0

Asked by Alyssa3756 Jan 20, 2009 at 01:11 PM about the 1981 Chevrolet Chevette

I was just wondering if anyone could help...When I turn my ig switch it clicks but won't turn over.It's not the batt and it will turn over n start if I use a screwdriver on starter.I know it's prob simple,Im a single mother,can't afford to have someone do it for me...Can you help?Thank you,Alyssa

niss3
15

you might wanna try replacing that starter.

Adam Morgan
4,975

Might be a better idea to have it tested at a parts store first. The fact that you can short it to start it makes it sound like it's not getting power when the key is turned, I would start by checking the starter solenoid. Should be testable at the parts store as well. If you have a multimeter, can you give us the voltage across the battery?

casper271
4,825

Your Ing switch has gone bad. It needs to be replaced.