how can i leave running and lock door to warm car?

mj2013mo
10

Asked by mj2013mo Feb 24, 2013 at 05:25 PM about the 2008 Kia Sedona

Can't start and lock door and leave car

49,665

Many of the new cars with the advanced keys will not allow it.

Best Answer
DavidH25

I have tried to do that in my Corolla and it flat won't allow me to do it. Without somebody sitting in the driver's seat...we had this discussion once before and the solutions came in everything from putting a sack of potatoes (not my idea) on the seat to by passes on the seat sensor. And others I don't remember

DavidH25

remember tenspeeed we went through this once? I don't remember all the answers

7jimmy7
10,615

how fast can you slap on a 15 dollar sterring wheel lock? 30 sec.?

mj2013mo
10

Thank you for your help. I knew there had to be a logical answer. Someone was telling me to go into car settings and change to override setting.

mj2013mo
10

Never thought about the club. Different way of looking at the problem.

49,665

I remember some of the past discussion David. Audi's new advanced key will not let the driver leave the seat to get the mail or clear snow. The car shuts the engine off at stop lights for gas savings. The Club is useless. Car thieves just cut the steering wheel with a bolt cutter and slip it off.

mj2013mo
10

I can start my car and leave running just can't lock it. In the Midwest with all the cold and snow its a huge pain.

82,595

I think you can do what you want if you have a electronic remote auto starter installed. I didn't research it enough, but look into it.

Ilregal

Oh know, not again, there are numerous sensors that prevent you from doing this. The issue discussed before was on a Toyota Corolla if I recall and remember the sack of potatoes on the drivers seat and on and on. You can probably get an aftermarket system that might allow you to remote start and do what your asking, but from your cars stand point you won't be able to no matter what, and I couldn't agree with Tenspeed more !! There is much better uses for the Club on this post than locking a steering wheel, believe that. Go to Car Toys and ask them. You don't want your car stolen I am willing to bet and the thief won't care if it's warm or not as it will warm up shorty after he's 5 miles from your house. Just check aftermarket remote start for this feature that you want, it's out there.

Ilregal

This is a Kia and not an Audi but no matter, even with the equipment I have which I can set all of the sensors in the car with to do what ever. You will be not only messing with the factory PCM settings, you would have to disable, the seat belt sensors, the sensor in the drivers seat, the key ignition sensor, the foot on brake sensor and hard to tell on a Kia just how many other sensors are all involved just to start your car. So, it has to be an aftermarket part as a remote starter and alarm or nothing, guaranteed...