imrc, 2003 2.3, where do I get a new one? Local auto parts houses have never heard of it!

jake77722
90

Asked by jake77722 Jan 06, 2009 at 11:15 PM about the 2003 Ford Focus

Intake Manifold Runner Control, Bank 1, Stuck Open
I looked when the key was turned on and it moves but still has the code. I found the location thanks to search engines. But like I said, local parts house has no idea. Is it a manufactures part? I hope not!

Wade Preece
125

yep dealer part only call ford

jake77722
90

I went to the Dealer yesterday. Told them what the code was amd they said to replace Both "Intake Manifold Runner Controls" @ $155.00 ea. They are located (under/at the base of) the Throttle Body. They are both vacume actuated. I tested them both and they were OK. Then I followed the vacume hoses back to Two (Electric Selenoids) on top of the Intake. One of the Selenoids was Stuck. I took it apart and now it functions properly. I asked the Dealer today what those Selenoids were and he wanted the Ford Part# to tell me?

Katherine Whitmore
10

did u find out what the Electric Seleoids where for I have a 2003 Focus and im having proplems with the transmition not shifting right they told me its the intake manifold runner controls but its not

jake77722
90

The Selenoids control the runners which manage the air flow at the intake manifold. I can see no senario where that would effect the transmission unless it is so bad that you cant get enough RPMs to shift. John

jake77722
90

You can actually take the selenoids apart and clean them on the inside so they wont stick. Thats what I did a couple years back when my local Dealership couldnt tell me what the selinoids did????? They are just like any other electric selinoid, electro magnet, elementry school stuff John

anjy834u
3,075

try consulting ebay or autozone. http://focus-ford.net/

papa

Bank 1 scans is a bad oxygen sensor,4cyl has 2 6cyl has 3 on down pipe befor cat converter 1 behind converter,replace all,that is your problem.