I have a 1989 dodge raider and the timing belt went and broke a valve and messed up the piston. Can I still use that motor or not and could I use a motor out of a mini van or a car by the way it's a 3.0l v6 with a 4 speed automatic.

Rummy2894
5

Asked by Rummy2894 Sep 09, 2013 at 07:40 PM about the 1989 Dodge Raider

7jimmy7
12,005

a valve, the piston? no problem, drop the pan pop the piston while the head is being refurbished, pull timing cover ,do the belt last with no. 1 at tdc on comp stroke, valves both closed .another engine will need, all the differences corrected to match the fit.

Matt Thibault
905

The only thing the Raider's 6G72 has in common with the Chrysler cars is the engine block itself, possibly the cylinder heads (I'm not sure). I do know that everything from the oil pan, oil pump, camshafts, sensors, intake etc. would have to be transferred from the old block to the new one, it wouldn't be a "drop-in" job. That being said, if you have the time, space and money to do it, you could make it work.