Length of Dipstick on 1989 Dodge Raider V6

Chuckoo
10

Asked by Chuckoo Jan 05, 2013 at 04:14 PM about the 1989 Dodge Raider

Dipstick Length

Matt Thibault
765

I'm guessing that you're asking because you've broken or lost yours and want to get a used one but you can't find a Raider V6 in a scrap yard to steal the dipstick out of?

Chuckoo
10

Still need help

Matt Thibault
765

I don't know the exact measurement, but I can always check the dipstick on my 3.0L at work and get back to you. I really hope you're not trying to match a stick by length, though.

Chuckoo
10

What did you mean not match the stick by length. Thanks getting closer

Matt Thibault
765

Not only do you need to know how long the dipstick is, but you also need to know where the markings are on the stick to gauge the level of oil in the oil pan... The dipstick can be too long, just long enough or too short... The important thing is to know where the level is supposed to be measured ON the dipstick.

Chuckoo
10

Still Looking fo length of Oil Dipstick

Matt Thibault
765

From where the oil dipstick seats onto the top of the dipstick tube to the end of the dipstick measures 19 15/16". The "low' notch on the stick is 3/4" from the end and the "full" notch is 1 1/2" from the end.

Best Answer
Chuckoo
10

THANK YOU !!! Question resolved