would like to change carburetor on a dodge ram raider 1988 2.6L

pepelepew
0

Asked by pepelepew Mar 16, 2013 at 03:20 AM about the 1988 Dodge Raider

change manifold to a two barrow carb w/ exhaust system

DavidH25

Carter BBD from a Chrysler "Super 6" (225cid Slant 6) or Chrysler Small Block 318cid Can be found on virtually every 318 from the 1960's (1967) to 1979. After 79 they started using a Holley 2BBL (emissions carb) that looks almost identical to the Carter BBD and shares the same bolt pattern.

DavidH25

If you want to take a look at lots of options, see: http://www.summitracing.com/search/department/air-fuel-delivery/section/carburetors-accessories/make/dodge

DavidH25

This 2bbl will fit right on your intake manifold, saving you a lot of work Carburetor, Holley, 2-Barrel, Single Inlet, Dodge, 225cid... are you sure it's a 2.6 not a 3.6? The 3.6L is the 225cid slant 6 and according to several sites I looked at Dodge did not make 2.6 for a Ram

DavidH25

Engines available for Dodge Ram raider for 1981 to 1983: 225 cu in (3.69 L) Slant-6 I6 239 cu in (3.92 L) LA V6 318 cu in (5.21 L) LA V8 360 cu in (5.9 L) LA V8

Craig Flint
0

DavidH25, I have a 1987 Dodge Ram Raider Sport that came out of the factory in Japan with a 2.6L Mitsubishi engine. This model year was a joint venture between Chrysler corp. and Mitsubishi Motors. This is the same engine they put in the Mitsubishi Montero of the same year. Almost all parts from the Montero are interchangeable with the Raider.