would like to change carburetor on a dodge ram raider 1988 2.6L

pepelepew
20

Asked by pepelepew Mar 16, 2013 at 03:20 AM about the 1988 Dodge Raider

change manifold to a two barrow carb w/ exhaust system

DavidH25

Carter BBD from a Chrysler "Super 6" (225cid Slant 6) or Chrysler Small Block 318cid Can be found on virtually every 318 from the 1960's (1967) to 1979. After 79 they started using a Holley 2BBL (emissions carb) that looks almost identical to the Carter BBD and shares the same bolt pattern.

DavidH25

If you want to take a look at lots of options, see: http://www.summitracing.com/search/department/air-fuel-delivery/section/carburetors-accessories/make/dodge

DavidH25

This 2bbl will fit right on your intake manifold, saving you a lot of work Carburetor, Holley, 2-Barrel, Single Inlet, Dodge, 225cid... are you sure it's a 2.6 not a 3.6? The 3.6L is the 225cid slant 6 and according to several sites I looked at Dodge did not make 2.6 for a Ram

DavidH25

Engines available for Dodge Ram raider for 1981 to 1983: 225 cu in (3.69 L) Slant-6 I6 239 cu in (3.92 L) LA V6 318 cu in (5.21 L) LA V8 360 cu in (5.9 L) LA V8

Craig Flint
10

DavidH25, I have a 1987 Dodge Ram Raider Sport that came out of the factory in Japan with a 2.6L Mitsubishi engine. This model year was a joint venture between Chrysler corp. and Mitsubishi Motors. This is the same engine they put in the Mitsubishi Montero of the same year. Almost all parts from the Montero are interchangeable with the Raider.

DocHaley
65

Dodge Raider was only made for the years 1987 through 1989. I have no idea where DavidH25 got his info regarding Dodge Raiders. The 2.6 is the standard 4cyl engine with a horrible inbred Mikuni carb.

DocHaley
65

I put a 1bbl on my 4cyl, 5 spd, 4x4 and it runs great. like it should when new. I can send you pics of the parts I used if you email me. my email is fpsw69 and I am @ gmail.com it's a snap and I am an old disabled guy that was a plumber in real life. stephen

DocHaley
65

by the way this carb I used would work for the v6 as well.