may have a fuel pressure regulator that seems to be bad. can disconnected vacume hose give that impression?

brian_d57
10

Asked by brian_d57 Feb 12, 2013 at 11:01 AM about the 1988 Chevrolet Beretta

I found some vaccume hoses dissconnected under left front of my hood.  it ran under awhite plasatic tank.

45,605

You need the vacuum hose hooked up to the regulator for it to work. I'm not sure what your definition of a "bad" fuel pressure regulator is. As the name implies, the device regulates the pressure from the fuel pump. If the fuel pressure is not lowered, more fuel is squirted into the cylinders when the fuel injector opens. --- The regulator uses vacuum to lower the fuel pressure.

7jimmy7
9,375

then it should run either way unless, it may have a ripped diaframe,causing all fuel to return

brian_d57
10

Where can i find the fuel pressure regulator to check vacuum hose line. On 1988 Chevrolet Beretta .

45,605

It should run either way. With a ripped diaphragm, gas may squirt out the end if there is no tube attached. --- Less fuel will be returned to the tank with a bad regulator. It would be the same as having no regulator.