Air Conditioning

Wish1528
40

Asked by Wish1528 Oct 19, 2010 at 10:42 PM about the 2004 Toyota Wish

Anyone know what's wrong with my Air Conditioner of Toyota Wish 1.8?

My air conditioner have this problem and i just can't figure out why. If i put my temperature control at 18 degree celcius, it will cool my interior very quickly but once it got to the coolest point, the air-con tend to cut off indefinitely. Unless of course, i off it then on again. this happens everytime when my air-con cools to it's lowest point. Once cut-off, no more air-con.
The blower is still ok even during air-con cut off & i've checked the engine fan and it's running whenever the a-r con is on but just don't have any cool air blowing. I've also changed my compressor control valve & engine thermostat. anyone know what's wrong? The worshop people said it might be my compressor but i feels that myabe just a sensor or something. Help please.

Robert Giovannone Jr
225

Sounds like you just need to recharge your ac system. Just need a couple cans of R134a they sell kits at most autopart stores. All you do is connect the can of r134a to the adapter, then connect to low side service port, have your AC on max, and have can tilled so its facing downward. Keep adding r134a untill the guage reachs around 40psi and you should be fine. Thanks Rob

9338yf
0

Hi I am having the same issue you did , have you managed to resolve this problem ?

Wish1528
40

Yes, i managed to resolve this problem. What actually causes my problem is clogged condenser filter in the engine bay (looks like a raidator). All you need to do is to change this filter & have your whole system flushed. Mine unfortunately is beyond repair cause my my condenser is all clogged up and the fine wire filter had broken. For me, i've changed a new condenser & a new compressor (damaged due to improper filtration from the condenser) and a full system flush. Now everthing works fine. Hope this help.

9338yf
0

it is great that you resolve this issue. may i know how much it cost you? appreciate your comments , now i have direction to move on.

Wish1528
40

ok, but by the way. Where you from? I'm in Brunei. ButI fixed it in Sarawak.

Wish1528
40

If your are in Sarawak, Malaysia, here's the price guide: Condenser (new set, Original Denso) RM550.00 include installation Compressor (Original Denso) RM1450.00. Flushing, cleaning & service RM150.00 Total RM 2150.00 If you are in Brunei, here's the quote I've got: Compressor (Original Denso, no stock, must order) B$850.00 Condenser (Original Denso) B$350.00 Flushing (cannot do) cleaning & Service B$80.00 Recharge B$50.00 Total B$1330.00 (Exclude flushing) Option for flushing: Change all piping & hoses B$450.00 Hope this help.

9338yf
0

Appreciate your reply, i came from Johor. anyway i guess the price will be better here. once again , thank you.

speck1970
0

anyone know where i can source an Ac compressor for my 2004 wish.?

tw1528
30

Hi speck1970, you can browse for it in mudah.my