84 toyota wont start at times

Asked by psingh May 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM about the 1984 Toyota Pickup

when i turn my truck off and come back to start it. all it does its makes a clicking sound. after a few minuts then it starts or you just wait. new starter and battierie

Usually the clicking sound you hear is due to the Starter not turning over or the piston in the starter not fully engaging due to an allignment issue. Now, if you go to start it, and when you turn the key all of the guage lights die out when you hear the noise, it could also be a bad battery or alternator. If you get a chance, take it to a local Autozone and have them check your battery and alternator. Usually they will roll up a little tester cart and do it right on the spot. If they both check out ok, it's the Starter. Good Luck

Muhammad Zaid

Also check that the battery terminals r tightened fully this is a problem which occurs in many cases