does the thermastat have a wire that goes to the fan?

Lynn Thomas
10

Asked by May 04, 2014 at 10:33 AM about the 1982 Chevrolet Citation

the fan isn't running does the thermostat have a wire that goes to the fan?

86,895

Is your vehicle overheating? Fan should not run all the time. It should only come on when vehicle get to hot at idle or when ac is turn on.

53,995

WOW a Citation, haven't seen one of those in a while, anyway the thermostat will not have a wire that goes to the fan, it will have a cooling fan switch mounted in a water passage on the intake manifold on a V6 or the head on the 4 cylinder, but like dandy stated the fan does not run all the time.

Lynn Thomas
10

thank you.

Lynn Thomas
10

Trying to put the therma stat on. get it on and sealed still has a drip at the boton how do i fix this

53,995

Is your thermostat housing cracked? Are you using a new hose and clamps?