Hi, I have an hz toner with a 202 red motor on duel fuel and it's absolutely gutless and I was wondering what I could do about it?

Alexclaris
0

Asked by Alexclaris Dec 07, 2011 at 06:46 AM about the 1978 Holden Kingswood

There is a lot of engine noise even though it has recently had new oil and filters. It struggles
under it's own weight up hills and won't even move under it's own power when it's cold. It
has done a lot of miles but it shouldn't be as weak as it is. Any ideas???

Shane Smith
45

Is it gutless on any fuel? or worse on one specfic fuel? Generally with dual fuel you can tune a car to run well on 1 fuel but then just run ok on the other fuel, you cant have the best of both fuels

Rick Holster
25

its pining , re set your timing

Neil Daly
25

is the carb jetted right for fuel?? has it got compression?? what spark plugs u running, and yea adjusting the timing can help too. is it still got a points type distributor?? the points could b worn right down. they r a basic engine