what sort of power gains would i b looking at if i chiped my ecu??

Reece Lower
35

Asked by Reece Aug 25, 2012 at 05:43 AM about the 1999 Nissan Skyline

hey guys i am looking at chipping my ecu and im wondering what the best option is or weather to try the self reset by
disconecting the battery overnite then n da morning warm the car up so it resets the idle then take the car 4 a decent run  
can any 1 offer any suggestions plz??

Cyril Muckenhirn
405

The power gain will be different depending on what kind of car/truck you have and what kind of motor is in it? I personally would not recommend chipping a car, especially imports, as the chips max out parameters of the car that are not supposed to be maxed out thus greatly shortening the life of the engine. The only thing I would recommend is to chip is a diesel, and only if you have done prior work to it, such as turbo, injectors, exhaust, etc. then it is proper to retune the car/truck and a way to do that is to chip it (from a good reputable company such as banks)