How do I replace the spring on the accelerator

Leslie Branan
5

Asked by Leslie Jun 26, 2013 at 02:55 AM about the 2004 Ford Taurus

The gas pedal is sitting directly on the floor. It cannot be pushed to give the car gas unless it is adjusted all the way up, and even then it will barely move. There is no resistance or spring to it? I can see something that looks like a spring, but I don't know if that is the problem because I'm not sure how that is supposed to go ,

DavidH25

All these images are 2004 Taurus. It looks like this may have happened: click image

DavidH25

and here is the spring

DavidH25

make sure the cable does not look like this, and if the cable is ok seems just a new spring should do it

DavidH25

The part circled in red is the cruise control cable..click on it

Leslie Branan
5

Ok, thanks. I will look at it after seeing these pics and see what mine looks like.