rangerover 1986 engine runs miss fire

yongkarchuing
0

Asked by yongkarchuing Apr 13, 2013 at 03:45 AM about the 1986 Land Rover Range Rover

engine problem . the 8 cylinder engine when start to run do not run smoothly it's vibrating, it's feels like one cylinder not working . went in to the workshop to check ,and mechanic ask to purchase oxygen sensor . After replacement the problem still not recover

DavidH25

They way your question is worded, I am not sure if you mean you asked the mechanic to purchase 02 sensor or was it his idea? Did the mechanic even do any diagnostics? The 1986 Range Rover has OBDII. How many miles are on the car?

DavidH25

In 1986 the Range Rover was fitted with a detuned 135 hp version of the Buick-derived Rover V8 engine .....and if you want to,.....http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-range-rover-mark-iii-l322/40539-p0443-obd-code. is a good place to read up on your RR

DavidH25

Nice car

DavidH25

I don't know WHAT they were thinking with this..

DavidH25

..the PopeMobile an 82

judge_roy

could you just imagine toolin' down the road with Grandma inside the bulletproof enclosure~

judge_roy

I'd look at the distributor cap for cracks, this could and will cause a misfire~

DavidH25

Yet another good one, you my man are on top of your game this morning

Lars Cats
2,605

Cap, ignition lead or the spark plug itself would be where I'd be looking. In that order.