Dim headlight driver side

wesnt35
0

Asked by wesnt35 Jul 26, 2009 at 12:42 AM about the 1982 Nissan 280ZX

The headlight turns on, but is dim and is triggering the "problem" signal on the dashboard. The passenger side headlight is fine. I use to be able to tap the headlight and it would brighten back up, but now that doesn't work anymore. My cruise control stopped working around the same time the light problem started..could it be the switch on the steering column?

Michael Resor
45

If you tap the headlight and it brighten back up and not the colum switch, then maybe you should start with replacing the headlight first. Then fix the cruise.

83d280zxturbo
10

you need to replace that headlight the car is telling you one headlight has no bright the car knows when one element is burned out my 83 turbo did the same thing it is a pain to get it out but ?and most likely one or both of the servo's on the vacuum is bad or could have a bad circuit breaker it is inside the black box in engine compartment remember there is no diagnostic hookup for these cars it is trial and error and knowing where to lokk by what is wrong and what is not the problem