Overheating

Hairbear1955
0

Asked by Hairbear1955 Jul 31, 2009 at 03:10 PM about the 1993 Acura Integra

On Long Drives,Or Going up Hills,Will Overheat.Is Full Of coolant,Fans Work,Have Heat In Heater,Bottom Rad. Hose Does Not Get Hot As It Should!Already Replaced Therm.

JD Kurzeja
65

bleed the system. and be sure the thermostat is working properly.

Eric Edson
115

maybe a blockage?

Timmy Shine
10

I agree with J.D check that thermostat..

Currivan09
80

Yeah Therm and flush .

Josh Penney
25

It is very difficult to "check" your thermostat, so i would just suggest from the symptoms you are telling us that is exactly what it is. A stuck thermostat. Easy and cheap repair. Just do it would be my advice.

Rob Barnhill
5

It is not difficult to check a thermostat. But a thermostat is cheap and since even just checking it requires you to remove it from the car, you might as well just replace it while you're at it. BTW - to check the thermostat, remove it from the vehicle's engine and drop it in boiling water. You'll be able to see whether it opens or not. To be even more precise, drop it in the water before it's boiling and use a thermometer to see at what temp it opens. Most thermos should open at around 180 degrees F.