high idle

jimmyak
5

Asked by jimmyak Feb 14, 2011 at 08:53 PM about the 2004 Ford Escape

In park it runs at a very high rpm, I have two codes being detected one is the idle air control valve (IAC) rpm higher than expected and the other is the (IAC) valve circuit malfunction. I replaced the (IAC) valve, and ran a vacuum test, which read perfect. Any ideas?  

papa

take the IAC out and clean with carb cleaner,they will get carbon build up in them,DONT push or pull the plunger looking thing when it is out spray it good then spray a little W D 40 in it reinstall ,you will have to unhook battery to clear computer,do this first install IAC plug the plugin back into it reconnect battery crank,let it idle a few minutes for computer to relearn IAC.

jimmyak
5

The (iac) is brand new

papa

possable bad TPS,or you have a vac leak,no matter what test said,you could have one so small it would not pick it up.

Jason Franklin
0

Had the same problem, unplugged the battery, cleaned out the IAC valve with carb cleaner and moved the plunger back and forth (before I read this) and hooked back up, runs great! TOO EASY! Took me ten minutes and i didnt check anything else, swear

Mark Stanley
10

Egine idles high when in park rough idles @50 or 60 burns gas more & egine warning e.g.r restricted